.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, August 20, 2005
Here I am.

Why have I started a blog?
Mmmm? I really don’t know. I’ll blame it on a friend. It’s all his fault. I read his blog on a regular basis and he makes it look so easy and such a lot of fun.
I am an artist and a writer. I may post some of my work up here, if I am lead to. Perhaps you might see some of my photography as well.

Anyway, here I am, the kiwi kid from the Land of The Long White Cloud. You know, that’s the small country just across the ditch from The Land Down Under.
It’s a beautiful country with lush green grass and sandy beaches. We have no snakes and no dangerous, marauding carnivores, except for the neighbor’s vindictive cat.
My Lord chose this land as my place of birth and I praise Him. We drive on the left-hand side of the road so look out if you come to our fair land. Our cars have bonnets, not hoods and boots, not trunks.

I am a weetbix kid. Yeah, yeah, I know. Laugh if you want. I can handle it. And no, I’m not made of the stuff, I just love to eat it. Which reminds me, it’s well after mid-day and I haven’t had lunch yet.

I shall leave you now and perhaps by tomorrow, I may have thought of something interesting to say.
 
posted by Rulan at 2:33 PM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At 5:44 PM, August 20, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

    The whole world’s been blogging excepting for you
    So now comes the KIWI joining us too

    Look out little piggies who fly without care
    The KID is now blogging and rules the air

    The Kidly-Hawke challenges all to toe the line
    Her smart-alecky prose can spin on a dime

    So come one and come all, you are just in time
    To witness WhiteHawke’s blog for the very first time

     
  • At 2:43 PM, August 21, 2005, Blogger jomo

    Glad you're blogging

     
  • At 2:52 PM, August 21, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Thank you David,
    love your poem and your welcome. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Cool about my ruling the air. Muahahahaha.
    Look out world, the crazy kiwi is here.

    Jim,
    thank you for dropping by.

    John,
    thank you. Hope you drop by again.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, August 21, 2005, Blogger Jim

    I can't remember if I've ever visited ornot but you visited mine, so here goes. Love your photo, and like the general layout as well1

    Jim.

    http://www.jimcee2005.blogspot.com

     
  • At 5:35 AM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Jim,
    thank you for dropping by and for the encouragement. The cloud in that photo was sl long, I could'nt fit it all in. It looked like a huge feather.

    Donna,
    thank you for visiting. I'm off to a great start? Cool, thank you.

    Rulan

     
  • At 7:05 AM, August 22, 2005, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

    Ok, you got me. What's weetbix?

     
  • At 7:26 AM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Michelle,
    hi there, great to see you.
    Weetbix is a New Zealand breakfast cereal made of whole wheat. Very yummy if you get the ones I like.
    Thanks for dropping by and I hope that answers your question.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, August 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    Kiwi,
    I'm not one to read blogs but had to drop by. Like it's already been said, "You're off to a good start." I like the looks of "The Kid"; real nifty.
    Happy Blogging

    DrRita

     
  • At 11:06 AM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Hey, DrRita
    cool to see you. Thank you for your comments, very encouraging.
    Rulan

     
  • At 2:31 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Hisart777

    Hiya Kid!
    Welcome to Blogdom!
    Looks like you got it down(under)-pat!
    God Bless!
    Hisart

     
  • At 3:23 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Hisart,
    cool to see you. Thanks for the encouragement.
    The Lord bless you also.
    Rulan

     
  • At 5:18 AM, August 23, 2005, Blogger M. L. Archer

    Yeah! The Kid is good!

     
  • At 11:53 AM, August 31, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Thank you Michele, great to see you here.

     
  • At 6:13 AM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    If I had just met you, this would be a great place to dig up info.