.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Life is good
I walked my child to school in the sunshine this morning. I had this thought pop into my head before we left the house..."take the umbrellas" so we did.

There was sunshine at our backs all the way up to the school. But you should have seen the sky ahead of us. It loomed blacker and blacker as we walked.

We got to the school just as the first couple of raindrops fell. We said goodbye and I turned for home. The raindrops fell a little quicker and the wind stirred in the trees.

I opened my umbrella as the rain began to fall. I had only walked a hundred yards from the school when the hail started.

I passed an elderly gentleman sheltering under a tree with his umbrella. We grinned at each other, chuckled about the hail then I continued toward home.

Hail danced around me, rain splattered the path and puddles grew. With all its might, the wind fought to kill my umbrella.

Wind, hail and rain saw this kiwi get wet. lol

Now the sun is shining again and the sky is blue.

Spring is wonderful; so unpredictable it's almost predictable. I love the spring.

Thank you, oh my Father. I worship at your feet. Blessed by your Holy Name.
 
posted by Rulan at 9:21 AM | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At 10:17 AM, October 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Rulan! Just stopping by to say hello and was blessed by your post.

    Blessings,
    Vicki

     
  • At 12:22 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger jel

    hey sis,
    glad you are getting some rain, we can really use some, we might get some tues, and them it is going to get really cold !
    take care!

     
  • At 12:50 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

    You had a thought "Pop" in your head? Better have that looked at.

    Nice tale, thanks for sharing it.

    Keep dry.

     
  • At 1:10 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Rulan

    Vicki, hi there. Nice to see you. Have a great week and may the Lord bless you.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Rulan

    janice, hi there. Good to see you. I hope you get some nice rain soon. Take care and may the Lord bless you with a great week.

     
  • At 1:14 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Rulan

    David, hi there. Good to see you. You nutter, you. lol Better watch out when I pop.
    Have a great week and God bless you.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Ame

    Oh, how I would have loved to take that walk with you :) Thanks for directing me over to Tim. I appreciate your thoughtfullness ... and your friendship :)

     
  • At 6:11 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Rulan

    ame, hi there. It would have been lovely if you had of been able to join me on my walk.:)
    And you are welcome.:)

     
  • At 1:20 AM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Mirtika

    Ahhhh...sounds nice.

    Here...it still feels like summer. And we're heading into deep fall. So, it's weird to read about spring. :D

    Mir

     
  • At 1:23 AM, October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    Glad to know you are enjoying your day. Keep on embracing in Almighty God's love everyday ya! :o)

     
  • At 11:08 AM, October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    That's what I love about summer here in Florida - the storms come up very quick...and I love how dark the sky gets...and then it is over in a flash... I didn't know you had a child...I like learning that about you :)

     
  • At 6:44 PM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

    What a very good post...I would like the storms to stay anywhere but here...we've had enough rain for one season!

    Now comes the snow!

     
  • At 1:20 AM, October 12, 2006, Blogger Lori

    Amen! Very nice post.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, October 14, 2006, Blogger Godwyn Lim

    'Bless by your Holy Name'. Oh I love it!

    Amen! We are blessed coming out & going in by the promises of our living God!

    Have a good weekend ahead!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, October 17, 2006, Blogger ~ Brandilyn Collins

    Hi, Rulan. I saw your comment on Scenes and Beans and clicked over to read your blog. (That photo of the hair was so beautiful, I just had to follow it!)

    I was praying through the 60's Psalms this morning. Psalm 68:19 says: "Blessed be the Lord who daily bears our burdens, The God who is our salvation."

    Amen!