.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Spring is near


Hi, I'm still here.
Winter has been touring the land of the long white cloud. Down south, there's been snow and people have skied on fields of white. Some places have had rain and flooding.

I have shivered in my office up here in the north despite our countries mildness. We don’t have it as cold as some countries do. Spring is now in the air, birds are singing and flowers beginning to bloom. The sun still rises late and retires early, but summer is on it’s way.

Some of my favorite times have been the warm sunny days that belie the fact that winter was here and those days of wind and rain.


This year, we’ve had few thunderstorms. I hope we get some more. I love those days when the clouds roll across the skies, chasing shadows over the plains. The distant rumble, like heavy traffic as the sun flees the storm, the stillness of air, the silence of birds and the brightening of colors. On those kinds of days, I have seen rainbows of magenta and green.


The gray of clouds becomes an electric wall of deep violet and blue in the last rays of an overpowered sun. A rumble grows in the bowel of the storm. All grows dark and the first drops fall. Lightning flashes. Thunder booms overhead and all the world trembles as shockwaves roll across the sky.

I love those days. They remind me of the Creator God. With all His power, all His Majesty, He could crush us all. Yet He loves us and desires only good for our lives.

Thunderstorms are powerful, tornados are ferocious, yet a thousand of these storms rolled into one, can never compare to the power and the Glory of God all Mighty. His love is greater than all.
 
posted by Rulan at 6:38 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 12:41 PM, August 23, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

    The Lord has blessed your country with beauty. No wonder you call it the land of the long white cloud.

    Curm

     
  • At 1:37 PM, August 23, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Thank you Curm,
    fortunately, it isn't cloudy like that all the time. lol I just love taking photos of them. I'm hoping to put something different up tomorrow.
    The piece you wrote up on your blog touched my heart.
    Rulan

     
  • At 10:05 PM, August 23, 2005, Blogger Sora

    hello! wow, i finally read what you have been writing, its very beautiful stuff, I can tell your a writer... yes Summer is coming, and New Zealand is very beautiful in summer... and your pictures, they are breathtaking!

     
  • At 1:06 AM, August 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    Rulan ... AWESOME ... both the photography and the posts. I'm so glad you started blogging. It is kind of addicting. Since I use my Words from the Heart blog for inspiration, my yahoo360 blog is used for photos and stuff like this. I really like the black background you're using. How often do you plan to post?

    Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see more photos.

    Blessings, Francine

     
  • At 2:10 AM, August 24, 2005, Blogger jomo

    Love the picture and the awesome gathering of words. Great blog.
    Glad to see you got the word verification.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, August 24, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Francine,
    thank you for visiting and giving such encouragement. I hope to post about 5 times a week, give or take as the leading comes.

    John,
    thank you. I am having a lot of fun with it. I visited your blog and was greatly touch by your poem.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, August 24, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    freakwreckordz,
    cool, thank you. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Glad you like the pics. You have some neat ones as well.

     
  • At 6:14 AM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    Read's like poetry. Love the picture.

     
  • At 7:12 AM, September 02, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Angel, thank you.