.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
It's pouring with rain


Just so you know, I have changed the colors in this cloud photo.
The true colors were blue, gray and white.
Unless I
state other wise, all my photos are true to life.


As I write this, it’s 6:45 Wednesday morning and still dark outside.


Rain is drumming the roof and splashing the ground. A song thrush or blackbird sits in the deluge filling the predawn with glorious song.

Cars swish by on overflowed streets and orange lights shimmer on puddle-soaked paths.

I could dance in the rain and sing to my King. These days enliven the child from within. There will be no brilliant sunrise this morn. The clouds are heavy and dark, but oh, what a wonderful day.

Trees and flowers soak up heavens sweet nectar, while birds bathe in its cleansing wash.

Isn’t life grand?

This world was created by the Master’s hand. Such love He bestows upon us all. Look what He made for us to enjoy. Earth, wind and sky, space, land and sea, nature speaks of the Father to me.
 
posted by Rulan at 7:50 AM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 1:48 PM, August 24, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

    Rulan,

    It is always refreshing to praise the Lord, but even more so outside. Soon it will be spring in New Zeeland and you can enjoy the green once more. I can picture you under some spreading kiwi tree with your drawing pad in hand.

    - David

     
  • At 4:03 AM, August 25, 2005, Blogger jomo

    Like your style, lady. The picture is great and the words are excellent. Did you figure out the links?

     
  • At 9:32 AM, August 25, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Donna,
    thank you so much. The poetry on your site is lovely and thank you for showing a link to Rebekah's page. So sad and yet it is good to see how people have joined in prayer for that daring young girl.
    Rulan.

    David,
    yes spring's not far. Yee ha! Leap in the air, dance on a cloud.
    A kiwi tree? Oh deary me, what can that be? chuckle. Does it have feathers?
    Rulan

    John,
    Thank you for the kind words. You made me go all shy.:) No, I haven't dared try to set up the links yet, cause I haven't a clue where to start. If you can offer some help, that would be cool.
    Rulan

     
  • At 5:35 PM, August 25, 2005, Blogger Jim

    I wanted to thank you for visiting my "resurrected" blog. Also want to say, the cloud photo above is just stunning! Remember, I'm an artist, and those colors....!

    Jim.

    http://www.jimcee2005.blogspot.com

     
  • At 3:35 AM, August 26, 2005, Blogger jomo

    Rulan,
    I'll be glad to help anyway I can. Have to go to work right now but will be in touch very soon.
    Don't be shy- you are a very gifted lady.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, August 26, 2005, Blogger Francine Biere

    Rulan ... another gorgeous photo and such "lively" words. I really enjoy your writing and the photography goes without saying.

    Keep it up.

    Blessings, Francine

     
  • At 6:17 AM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    Yet again you're making me long for rain. After seeing the mountains aflame, life just ain't the same. You should post if you tutch up those photos of yours or not.

     
  • At 6:35 AM, September 02, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Angel,
    yes, this photo is touched up and I was thinking that I should make a note of it, just so people know. I hope you get rain soon then.
    Rulan

     
  • At 4:15 PM, September 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    It's raining here! Yay! Fa am so happy, nahmeo! Hurrah!
    *It's raining dude*
    >I know<
    *Then what's the deal*
    >I T ' S R A I N I N G<

     
  • At 5:27 PM, September 11, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Angel, that is so cool. May you dance with joy in the rain. I love the rain. Sweet is it's kiss. I am so happy for you. May the rain continue to patter on your roof all night long and gently quench the thirsty ground.