.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, April 22, 2006
Yesterday was yesterday
Peace upon the rock

No amount of worry or regret will change what’s been and done. Dragging our yesterdays around will only weigh us down.

Yesterday was yesterday. Can’t change the past, can’t bring it back. Neither can we delete it.

Life isn’t a computer keyboard. I can’t find any keys that say... shift, backspace, insert, page up or page down, undo or delete. There’s not even a copy and paste. Can you believe it?

But, life does have one thing a computer has. It’s called “view.” We can choose to change the way we view things. How cool is that?!

Instead of the cup being half-empty, we can see it as half full.

Let go the load that only Jesus can bear. That’s where freedom lives, that’s where grace abounds.

Isaiah 26:3; 30:15 “O God, you will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are fixed on you; for in returning and rest we shall be saved; in quietness and trust shall be our strength.”

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
 
posted by Rulan at 7:51 AM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At 9:12 AM, April 22, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

    The Serenity prayer is a road to freedom.

    The trick is to do more than quote it... LOL

    Grace and peace to you.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Rulan

    David, lovely to see you my friend. This is true. We can't walk the road without being willing to travel. he he

    Grace and peace to you also. God bless you and your family and may you have a great weekend.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Mark D

    Fantastic post...and totally cute pic!

     
  • At 11:02 AM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Rulan

    Mark, good to see you. We could learn a lot from those two kittens. God bless.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger cybeRanger

    Shalom! By the grace of God, I have come across your wonderful blog. May our Heavenly Father use you mightily for His Glory!

    May I link to your blog from mine? Please reply @ http://www.cyberanger.blogspot.com

     
  • At 3:30 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Rulan

    cybeRanger, hi there. Good to have you visit. Shalom to you also. I would be honored to have you link blogs.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Steve

    Love the picture. Nice blog too. Would you mind if I link to your blog?

    Blessings in the awesome name of Jesus,
    Steve

     
  • At 4:51 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Rulan

    Steve, hi there. Good to have you visit. I would be honored to have you link blogs.
    God bless.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Miss Audrey

    Rulan,

    That was a really good word! It's good to be back in touch! God bless you and keep you in His perfect peace!

    Ladypreacher

    PS I took the liberty to link your blog to mine... Is that kosher? I never heard of requesting to link before! Forgive me if I've missed some blogger's etiquette! I'm new at this!

    Also: I posted a cowboy for you and Cheryl on my blog. It's under "As Good As It Gets"

     
  • At 7:26 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Rulan

    miss audrey, it is good to be back in touch. Glad you liked the post.

    Thanks for linking with my blog. Some people ask, some don't. I like to ask before I do it, just to be sure it's okay and I like to know when others link to mine so I can do the same for them.

    Ooh, I'll have to come over and have a look see. :)

     
  • At 12:38 AM, April 23, 2006, Blogger Kitty

    Hi Rulan, thanks for visiting my blog and your comments. Long time no 'chat'. So how have you been? Yes the "View" option is good isn't it? It gives us perspectives and optimism. Thanks for this meaningful post. It inspires me!

     
  • At 5:15 AM, April 23, 2006, Blogger Rulan

    kitty, hi there. It's nice to see you. Been a long time. I'm good thanks. And how are you?

     
  • At 3:03 PM, April 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    "Let go the load that only Jesus can bear. That’s where freedom lives, that’s where grace abounds."

    ~ this is so true. often times, we hold on so tightly to those things that we should be letting go of to begin with. once we've let go, that's the only time we experience freedom.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

    How precious!