.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, August 26, 2005
Salt on the breeze

Thunder in the air, salt on the breeze, this is what the sea is to me.

Waves that rumble, depths that glisten, green waters churned to foam, wild white horses riding on high, thick black clouds scurrying by.

Windswept dunes shifting all night, raucous seabirds squabble and fight. Flames that flicker in the blustery air, sand coated sandwiches, sausage and sauce.

Snuggled up warm with back to a dune, I stare sleepy eyed at the pale distant moon. Nighttime enfolds me, the day has past by, no more seagulls hauntingly cry.

Slumber comes softly and time slips away.

In dawns early light, a new day begins. Waves of lace gurgle and brew. Sunbeams dance on water and sand as shadows retreat from the Fathers great hand.

I could walk for hours on a beach of white sand, no one around, but Jesus and me.

That’s where He meets me. My Lord’s always there, out where the salt spray hangs in the air. When I am lonely, I just close my eyes then my Lord Jesus comes to reside. Peace fills my heart and all becomes new. I pray you know Jesus, just as I do.
 
posted by Rulan at 4:53 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At 6:41 PM, August 26, 2005, Blogger Sora

    I can seriously see the images you talk about in your blog, you have a great gift with words... keep it up :D

     
  • At 7:24 PM, August 26, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

    Rulan, as I was reading this a little sand blew into my eyes. I could taste the salt in the mist. God bless you my friend!

    David

     
  • At 9:15 PM, August 26, 2005, Blogger Francine Biere

    I come from the high deserts of Arizona but your photos and words have created a desire to walk along the beach in God's open palate of sky and sea. I've found a place for daily inspiration in one of the best ways I know God -- His creation.

    Blessings, Francine

     
  • At 9:30 AM, August 27, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Richard, thank you. Don't bite your fingers when you try to eat the sand coated sandwich though. As I'm sure you see, I love the beach.

    David, oops, um sorry about the sand in your eyes, it can really hurt. Next time, I'll try to remember to shut the door when posting my blog. he he he

    Francine, the high deserts, eh? Wow. When I was a child, I used to wonder what it would be like to be an Apache living in the desert. If ever you come over to NZ, I'll take you to some of our beautiful beachs.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, August 27, 2005, Blogger jomo

    Rulan,
    The Lord comes to me a lot when I'm in the mountains, cause I love it there, but He comes to me alot in shopping markets such as Walmart-hehe.
    Isn't it awesome that He is able to let us know He is with us always.
    I'd love to see New Zealand sometime-sounds like my kind of place.
    Thanks for the imagery in your writing.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, August 28, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Yes John, the Lord is amazing. We are richly blessed to know Him. The moutains can be beauitul. I used to be in Search and Rescue years ago. No water taste the same as what comes from mountian streams. Walmart, eh? mmm chuckle
    Thank you for your encouragement.
    Rulan

     
  • At 10:22 AM, August 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    Great picture both the photo and the word picture. I can hear the gulls cry on the wind and feel the salt breeze whip my hair. Thanks for sharing such a great image.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, August 28, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Rita, Thank you. I would love to live in a cottage by the sea where I would write stories and draw pictures in a room overlooking the ocean.

     
  • At 6:23 AM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    Never read a discription of the beach like that. If it wasn't for the memmory of all the sand in my hair and ears, I would want to go right now. I'm just in a mood I guess. Thanks for isperation though. Now I have a standpoint for a character in my work. She's not much like you though, but the sea is in her head.

     
  • At 7:08 AM, September 02, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Angel, cool. I love the beach. You'll have to tell me sometime about that character.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    Her name is Naoma, and you should find her half way into the book.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Angel, cool. One day, you'll have to send me a copy. lol.