.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, September 02, 2005
One night I had a dream


DON’T BE CAUGHT SLEEPING, DON’T GET LEFT BEHIND.

These words blazed in my heart as I awoke from my dream.

I will always remember that dream. It inspired my first novel.

In the dream, I saw a group of people walking in the early morning light. They had traveled a long way in order to catch the only boat that could take them to the new land.

A young man trailed behind them. Burdened with a heavy load, he stumbled many times.

They reached the top of the last hill, just as the sun began to rise. Sunlight danced on the oceans waters as they began their descent to the sea.

On an old wooden wharf, they were at last able to rest. While the others gathered together to wait, the young man sat on his own.

The boat took a long time in coming and the young man began to doze. As the day slipped by, deep sleep pulled him down and he never heard the boat arrive.

Great joy filled the group as they boarded the shiny white vessel and no one noticed that one was missing. The boat sailed across the sea as the sun began to set.

Alone on the wharf, the young man remained to face the horrors of darkness.

Matthew 25:1-13 tells the parable of the wise and foolish virgins.

Are you ready for that day when the Lord calls His people home? I pray that you are, for no man knows the hour or the day.
 
posted by Rulan at 2:04 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 2:36 PM, September 02, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

    Did you ever hear the old Larry Norman song – “Don’t Get Left Behind”? (if I remember correctly) This is my favorite scripture on the subject:

    First Thessalonians 4:17-18 NIV

    “After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.”

    God bless you my friend,

    David Meigs

     
  • At 4:43 PM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    Och, I could edit that like no tomorow. Given that it's more like diologue though, I love it. :p

     
  • At 9:54 PM, September 02, 2005, Blogger Sora

    Hey, thank you for your kind words on my blog... I have a lot on my mind these days...

    - FreakwreckordZ -

     
  • At 4:02 AM, September 03, 2005, Blogger jomo

    Great thoughts!

     
  • At 10:16 AM, September 04, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    David,
    I can hear those words being sung. Those sorts of songs give me the goose bumps. May God bless you also, my friend.

    Angel,
    thank you for your kind words and I can almost picture you eyeing up my words.

    Richard,
    nice to see you. May the Lord touch your life.

    John,
    thank you. Like the pic of the mountain on your blog.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, September 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    I know, there's a crulty about me. I am a loving man though. I just hide it well enough. ;p

     
  • At 9:17 AM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Angel, lol, you don't hide it as well as you think. ;P