.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Sunday, October 09, 2005
A curious question
A friend and fellow blogger posted some interesting questions on

his blog and it reminded me of something I have often asked

people in the hope of getting them to think on a spiritual level.

Most people just roll their eyes at me, say it’s too deep for them

and quickly change the subject. So, I am curious, what do you

think the answer is?

In Heaven, if someone picks fruit from a tree up there, does another

one instantly appear to take its place or does it have to grow again?

The blog I mentioned above is http://passiontowrite.blogspot.com/
 
posted by Rulan at 1:34 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 2:00 PM, October 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    An interesting dilema. I believe that the fruit will grow. It seems to be God's way of doing things. To plant seed, water, wait, and harvest.

    BTW, I love your blog. The pictures and poetry are wonderful. Keep it up!

    God bless you,
    Clara

     
  • At 3:28 PM, October 09, 2005, Blogger jomo

    I tend to agree with Clara. Otherwise, what will the "green thumb" people do with their time?
    Seriously, the Bible says that as long as the earth remains, there'll be seedtime and harvest, so I guess it depends on whether the earth is still in orbit or not when this takes place.
    Cool mindbender!

     
  • At 5:52 AM, October 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    I discussed this with a friend. He had another viewpoint. He claims that since time will cease to exist that the fruit will just appear. His claim -- it takes time to grow something so how can something grow if there is no time? I'll stick with my first response. Here's scripture to back it up. Rev 22:2 On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

    Clara

     
  • At 5:07 PM, October 11, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

    Great thoughts!

    David

     
  • At 3:36 AM, October 12, 2005, Blogger jomo

    Go Clara! That's the way to explain it!