.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Hats? Who wears Hats?

This was me in my early twenties, riding a, um...err... horse?



This post is a spur of the moment thing.

Because I had written in my novel about my characters chasing

seagulls on horseback, a dear
friend chuckled and said that us kiwi’s

must wear hats as protection against dive-bombing birds.


Well, I had to smile about that. So, here I am a few years back,

at the beach wearing the above
mentioned hat.
 
posted by Rulan at 10:58 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 1:12 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

    Yee Haw! Ride em COW girl!

    Hey, about the second pic..., was that baby mermaid bog enough to keep?

    Curm

     
  • At 11:54 AM, September 15, 2005, Blogger Francine Biere

    Rulan, since I've been traveling and preparing to travel, and then unwinding from traveling, I was unable to visit here. What beauty and refreshment I've encountered as I scrolled down through all your posts I haven't seen. I'm truly overwhelmed by your gifts of art and words ... just breathtaking. Thank you for sharing.

    Blessings, Francine

     
  • At 12:48 AM, September 16, 2005, Blogger jomo

    Hi Rulan,
    One question-why are you riding a cow? No horses in New Zealand?
    Beautiful post. Thanks.

     
  • At 5:27 AM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    David, "Ride em cow girl" for sure, that's me all right. chuckle. The mermaid grew surprisingly fast. She is now 10 and she told me off in no uncertain way, for my not mentioning her name. ooh, I'm in trouble. lol

    Francine, lovely to see you back. Hope your travelling went well. Thank you for your encouraging words, you are too kind. :)

    John, the cow was my husbands calf club pet. Her name was Ginger. She was so quiet that we could sit on her back so we did, just for fun. Problem was, she usually stood stock still so we never really rode her. There was one cow who would let us sit on her for a few momments then buck us off. lol