.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, December 17, 2005
Summer rains trickle
Summer rains trickle

from a light gray sky

the coolness it brings

sets my heart to fly.


Birds sing such sweetness

in the overcast morn

and I praise my Creator

for the day I was born.


Stirred by a soft breeze

rain slips from the trees

falling to ground

with scarcely a sound.


Surrounded by ocean

and coastlines of sand

I dwell here on earth

in a heavenly land.


This is New Zealand

the land that I love

given in glory

from my Father above


He is the one

Who created it all

He chose me to live here

before I was formed.


If you come visit

remember one thing

we all should sing praises

to Jesus the King.
 
posted by Rulan at 9:21 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 11:37 AM, December 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    you did it again, I love it,
    God gave you a gift kid :)
    and that you use that gift to glorify him, thank you
    janice

     
  • At 11:46 AM, December 17, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Janice, thank you so much for your encouragement. Over here we have this beautiful summer rain falling at the moment and I love it like this. It's warm and comforting. Many blessings, Rulan

     
  • At 12:07 PM, December 17, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

    I liked this one very much. Great poem.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, December 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love the summer rain when it hit the tin roof of our house. it's hard to belive that it's summer over there and winter here!
    enjoy the rain Rulan :)
    I have always thought oF rain as God's tears! happy or sad ones
    take care
    janice

     
  • At 1:27 PM, December 17, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    Curm, thank you. I am glad that you like it. That means so much. Thank you. May the Lord's blessing be upon you.

    Janice, I find it hard to believe it's winter over there. How I'd love to have the means to travel and see this world.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, December 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

    wouldn't that be cool!
    I feel the same way,
    janice good nite :)

     
  • At 10:15 PM, December 19, 2005, Blogger Kitty Cheng

    wow this is such an awesome poem. I also like NZ very much, it's such a beautiful country...Yes no matter where we are, we all should sing prises to Jesus the King =)
    Bless you and Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 6:42 AM, December 20, 2005, Blogger Rulan

    kitty cheng, glad you like the poem and thank you for your encouragement. May you have a merry Christmas to.